“I have noticed improved focus, grounding and tracking during therapy sessions with many of our clients – children and adults. Many of them seem to be less scattered, and much more focused while in session because the environment supports them better now.”
~Judy Ishibashi, OTR/L/Abe-L-Bodies Corporation
Judy is a physical therapist who owns Abe-L-Bodies Corporation, which works with adults and children who have had severe injuries and/or debilitating diseases affecting motor skills. I invited her to join my Feng Shui research project in May 2010. During her participation in this program, her cash flow improved by 70%. Judy agreed to participate in the research project because the economic decline had impacted her business in many ways. Changes to insurance billing guidelines had severely slowed cash flow. Existing patients, feeling the financial crisis, had less discretionary income to allocate toward physical therapy sessions. And it was becoming harder and harder to keep competent staff. As Judy explained on her Pre-Evaluation Survey, “This was a difficult year for our upbeat staff because we lost two therapists for reasons beyond our control. We continue to be a small facility unable to match the salaries offered by larger groups. We need cash flow improvement.”
After Feng Shui adjustments were implemented, the following improvements were documented in the first 3-months:
- Abe-L-Bodies was able to make payroll without borrowing from Judy
- After a year of unsuccessful collection attempts on past due accounts, money started flowing into Accounts Receivable with a 70% improvement rate
- Communication between staff members and patient families improved by 60%, with a smoother flow of contact information and mutual support
- Judy was able to take salary distribution for the first time in a year
- Improvement in patient focus and mind-body coordination was noted during therapy sessions
“I have had comments from some of our clients walking into our office after the Feng Shui adjustments were made that the space ’feels’ better and that they have noticed an improvement in energy level and quality,” Judy said. “And we have had a noticeable improvement in payments being received from past due accounts that have come in since Feng Shui adjustments were made to our office.”
“We’re feeling more and more capable and in control of our finances and our future!”
~Bryan & Jennifer Meehan/Hi-Tide Solutions
When I approached the Meehans about participation in my Feng Shui business study back in April 2011, they were running multiple businesses from home: 1) Amazon Herbs (Jennifer); 2) Life Coach and Reno Area Marketing Coordinator for Seminars that Inspire (Jennifer); and 3) Hi-Tide Solutions audio visual company (Bryan). They joined the study to improve results in their multiple business ventures, as well as in their personal lives. Their initial survey (filled out before implementing any Feng Shui recommendations) indicated that many aspects of their finances had gone into decline over the past year. They had started new businesses during this time and although they were happier with the new career directions, their cash flow was low and stress was high. Both partners felt uncomfortable with many aspects of their living and working spaces, which contributed to their stress levels.
After implementing Feng Shui adjustments in both their work and personal spaces, Bryan and Jennifer documented the following business results:
- 300% increase in business revenues for Hi-Tide Solutions audio visual business
- 50% improvement in career recognition and satisfaction for Jennifer
- Bryan had a constant flow of clients contacting him, instead of long stretches with little to no new business
In addition to improving their businesses, they also reported improvements in their personal lives:
- Achievement of their top three personal goals:
- Creating a home base that felt more like a sanctuary
- Opening an investment account and starting to fund it
- Paying for a major family vacation in 6-months
- 30% improvement in family life due to improved communication and closer emotional ties between family members
- After moving their bed to a different wall and switching sleeping sides, Bryan and Jennifer started sleeping better and their sex life improved
- Their daughter Abbi, who used to be their “clutter girl”, was not only sleeping better but she was maintaining her room without all the clutter
- Briana, their eight-year-old, was comfortable going downstairs to play by herself for the first time in 7 years (she had NEVER done this before in their current house)
- Bryan’s stamina improved and he commented that he was back to the sleep and work levels that he had 10 years ago
- The children started responding more positively to chores, parental discipline and house rules
Bryan and Jennifer commented that they felt more empowered, less stressed and experienced an expanded sense of satisfaction and happiness after implementing Feng Shui changes in their home and office.
This case study proves that having a single, long-term business focus is not a requirement for Feng Shui adjustments to work. It also demonstrates that when Feng Shui protocols are implemented to improve business success, they often have a rejuvenating effect on the more personal aspects of one’s life as well.
“I learned the energy in a well managed space creates a comfortable environment that helps people relax and feel empowered to purchase my services with no sales pressure from me. Working with Adele helped me adjust my workspace to create a deeper connection with my clients.”
Paula is a professional photographer who has been in business for 14 years, working in the same studio in Reno, NV, for the past nine years. She began working with me in March of 2011 because she felt her business “needed something to get the energy moving in a new direction.” As Paula explained, “In 2010, I experienced a lot of stagnation in business and cash flow.” After implementing Feng Shui recommendations, she documented a 50% improvement in business revenue. “I have received 100% Return on Investment (R.O.I.) after participating in this program,” she explained. “All areas tracked by Adele’s research have improved for me. When clients walk into my studio now, they comment on how comfortable and warm the place is. Even the UPS guy has commented favorably on the Feng Shui changes I have made to my space.”
After her 6-month participation period, Paula reported the following improvements:
- 50% improvement in finances & cash flow
- 75% improvement in vitality & energy level
- 75% improvement in relationships
- 50% improvement in career expansion
- 80% improvement in well-being
“The most noticeable improvements have been an increase in sales and new business, as well as an increase in good business relationships,” she said. “My business is about relationships with people. I enjoy people and sharing those special moments in their lives. I love that I can help them capture these moments with my work, so they can cherish the memories for years to come.”
I’ve been following the U.S. real estate decline very closely for several years. My own brother lost his primary residence and a rental property during the downturn in the last couple of years, which caused emotional turmoil, lifestyle downsizing and loss of a retirement nest egg for him and his family. Though I realize my brother’s problems are shared by many Americans, his losses put a personal face on this national crisis for me. This motivated me to do something unique and proactive in response to: a lost generation of real estate and the plight of small businesses in America today.
I wrote a concept for a research project to study the effects of environment on small business success. In 2010 I received an award. It allowed me to begin my field work.
My vision started out as research to study the effects of environment on business success during an economic downturn. It has evolved into a full blown program including: residential and commercial consulting; audio CDs; webinars and live seminars. These products are designed to assist anyone interested in improving their success potential through making Feng Shui changes to a living or working environment.
I never expected what happened in the first few months of my research. Early results coming out of the study were more than encouraging, they were inspiring! These results prompted me to create this blog in order to share the personal stories and triumphs of many small businesses struggling through the economic downturn. Their results spoke to American ingenuity, self-sufficiency, persistence in the face of adversity, willingness to try unconventional methods (Feng Shui) and reigniting the American dream.