The 5 Elements
To add the “wood” element to an environment, select from the following list:
1) dark green colors; 2) live green plants, trees and flowers; 3) tall, columnar shapes (NOTE: wood furniture and floors are NOT considered wood remedies in Feng Shui practice because there is not enough life force retained in highly processed wood to affect an energy transformation).
To add the “fire” element to an environment, select from the following list:
1) red, purple, orange, mauve colors; 2) a burning fireplace or burning candles; 3) bright lighting or hot bulbs (eg. halogen); 4) lamps with red shades or red bulbs; 5) art, rugs, pillows, accessories that have large, solid areas of fire colors without other colors; 6) angular, spiky, pyramid, triangular or cone shapes.
To add the “earth” element to an environment, select from the following list:
1) brown, yellow, tan, taupe, beige colors; 2) natural rocks, stone, granite, marble, slate, terra cotta, bricks or any primarily earth-based finish materials; 3) ceramic or clay containers or sculptures; 4) earth mounds; 5) flat, horizontal objects representing a plateau; squares and rectangles.
To add the “metal” element to an environment, select from the following list:
1) white, gold, copper, and metallic colors (more effective if color has a gold-toned hue); 2) wind chimes; 3) chime clocks; 4) electronic wind chimes; 5) Tibetan Singing Bowls (with automatic strike mechanism); 6) large, metal objects with round or oval shapes; 7) Salt Water Cures; 8) Ki Luns; 9) dome shapes, circles, ovals or arched shapes.
To add the “water” element to an environment, select from the following list:
1) black, dark blue colors; 2) cascading water features (fountains, pools, ponds, aquariums) best if water touches metal; 3) irregular, flowing, wavy or undulating shapes; 4) Yin Water Bowls (still/non-moving water); Yang water (moving water). NOTE: Yin water (still water) is used to correct something that has an unfavorable potential, such as conflict areas. Yang water is used to activate financial potentials.
(NOTE: placing Feng Shui cures that have the appropriate SHAPE, COLOR and MATERIAL will create the most powerful and long-lasting effects.)